Brushing Techniques to Improve Oral Hygiene.
August 15 , 2021
Brushing our teeth is perhaps the most important part of our day, isn’t it? Our teeth perform a utilitarian function of chewing apart from also being a boost to our confidence and improving the presentability of our smiles. It is therefore imperative to take care of our teeth and keep them in the best of health. Brushing facilitates exactly this.
Let Us Learn Proper Brushing Techniques to Improve Oral Hygiene.
- Always brush your teeth twice a day. In the duration of 24 hours, we may accumulate a lot of food particles in the crevices of our teeth. Delaying cleaning by brushing only once a day might damage your teeth in the long run. Ensure that your brush reaches all parts of your mouth and fits your mouth perfectly.
- Replace brushes every 3 months, as bristles often get frayed reducing the efficiency to dislodge small particles from teeth. A worn toothbrush will not be effective in cleaning your teeth. When selecting a toothbrush, ensure that it bears the mark of standard of your country of residence.
Have a firm group, and apply gentle pressure with a back-and-forth motion, and in quick strokes.
- Make sure you brush all sides of your mouth. Brush the outer surfaces, inner surfaces, the chewing face of your teeth. Ensure that you reach the crevices in between each tooth.
- Tilt your toothbrush at a slight angle to get maximum penetration in between each tooth.
- Avoid sugary foods, as sugar particulates can get clogged in between the teeth and cause decay. Sugar is the number one enemy of oral hygiene.
- Use dental floss and mouthwash, for added all day protection and removing food particles stuck in those tough to reach spots.
- Always clean your tongue as a lot of bacteria are present on it.
- Get your mouth professionally cleaned at least once, annually.
- In the event of pain or discomfort, visit a dentist immediately!
Brushing can improve your oral hygiene to a large extent, and keep your mouth healthy. Pair these techniques with visits to National Medical Center, the best dental clinic in Satwa for a worry free dental care from the best dentists and staff in the country, today!