Braces can be a painful hassle for many. But that doesn’t mean you should stay away from alining your teeth to achieve that perfect bite and smile. With the latest technology, we have many options to straighten teeth without braces and one of the best options remain Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment using clear aligners to align your teeth. Your treatment is digitally planned and the aligners are 3D printed according to the plan. As per your orthodontist’s evaluation, you will be provided with a unique set of aligners for 1-2 weeks to be worn for about 22 hours per day. The aligner is a transparent material that wraps around your teeth with the help of attachments, which are tooth-coloured bumps glued to the teeth.
Difference Between Invisalign and Braces
Braces are fastened to the teeth and stay on till the end of the treatment while aligners are easily removable and have to be worn only for about 22 hours per day making hygiene maintenance and eating easier.
Aligners are also transparent material that is not easily noticeable, unlike braces.
Process of Getting Invisalign Aligners
The process of getting aligners have been made pretty simple with the intervention of modern technology. Yet, an orthodontist’s meticulous evaluation is very important for you to have the right results. The following are the steps involved while getting Invisalign done:
- Photos, radiographs and a 3D scan of your teeth are taken and sent to Invisalign to be uploaded on the software.
- Once your treatment plan has been finalised by the orthodontist, manufacturers make a unique set of aligners for you based on your plan.
- The course of treatment is carefully monitored by the orthodontist.
- At the end of the course, your results are analysed and for minor adjustments, a few more aligners would be provided to have a perfect finish.
Advantages of Invisalign
- As you remove it while eating, there are no food restrictions during your treatment.
- Since it’s transparent, it is less likely to be visible, unlike braces.
- The material is less likely to irritate cheeks and lips as compared to braces.
- Being easily removable makes it easier to brush, floss and clean causing no impediments in dental hygiene.
- Since they are changed every 1 or 2 weeks, your treatment plan can be aptly customised based on your progress.
Disadvantages of Invisalign
- Right usage is mandatory to achieve the desired results. You need to wear it at least for 22 hours every day to get your teeth aligned properly. Any deviation from the rigid plan may prolong the course of the treatment.
- Sometimes, you may need the help of other orthodontic contraptions along with aligners to get the desired results.
Aligner Care Suggestions
- Clean aligners daily with a soft brush. Do not use toothpaste as it may contain abrasives.
- Keep the aligners always in the case at a clean and dry place out of reach of children and pets.
- Rinse clean your aligners each time you remove them to lessen the deposits being formed due to saliva or plaque.
- Don’t consume anything hot with aligners on as this may dent the material.
If you decide on choosing Invisalign for the right smile, head straight to National Medical Center, the best dentist clinic in Satwa. With many distinctive specialties, we have the most expert dentist in Satwa to secure your smile.